|MANGA DEBUT||Chapter 14|
U-9696 is one of the characters in Cells at Work!. Not much is known about him except he is a neutrophil that dies while fighting off Propionibacterium acnes. His cap is found in front of a Hair Root by U-1146 who later gives it to a Hair Matrix Cell boy.
He is probably equipped with a knife. As a neutrophil, he can:
- Overall Abilities: As one of the most abundant white blood cells, he can terminate any kind of harmful cells to the body such as bacteria.
- Phagocytosis: White blood cells can analyze an unknown foreign cell by eating them which will help them identify its species.
- Receptor: All neutrophils have a receptor that acts like a radar which alerts them whenever a threat is near.
- Wandering Cell: A cell that is not fixed in place and able to move freely around the blood vessel.
- Transmigrate: Ability to move through blood vessel walls to reach his destination much faster.
- His number in Japanese contains the syllables 96 ("kuro") which translates to "black".